Bike Parks & Trails
Chicopee delivers a huge variety of biking opportunities that include: cross country trails, Bike Park, Bridge Park, rentals, and repair.
2013 4-Week Saturday Camp
Saturday June 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th
Beginners (Ages 6 - 9): 9am - Noon // Intermediates (Ages 10 - 14): 1pm - 4pm
Beginners and Intermediates will really enjoy this fun and informative Saturday camp featuring Bike Safety, Bike Tune-Ups, Street Riding and Trail and Park Riding. The camp will also include a Fun Race Day.
- Week 1 = Safety (Police discuss rules of the road, hand signals, general road and trail saftey guidelines)
- Week 2 = Street Riding (Use info from police on the streets of Kitchener: ride through streets, bridges and trails to get to Pioneer Tower)
- Week 3 = Trail Riding (Gradually weave through 7km of Chicopee Bike Trails while stopping in 'The Pines' for Skills 'n' Drills - proper trail riding techniques will be discussed and taught as well as trail safety)
- Week 4 = Trail Competition (Half of the session will be a timed single track competition with a fully taped trail course with an opportunity to revisit popular areas of the trails and pines)
- Week 1 = Tune Up (Chicopee Bike Tech provides info on: bike chains, tire pressure, tire tubes, breaks, break lines, cleaning and changing gears)
- Week 2 = Street Riding (Review hand signs in parking lot using cones, safety on the streets and how to ride city trails)
- Week 3 = Park Riding (Discuss safety in the park, techniques to dirt jumping and pump tracks and use progressive jumps and tracks to challenge participants)
- Week 4 = Park Competition (Half of the session will be a judged park competition based on technique, safety, and general park skills. Other half of the session will be allocated to revisit popular areas of our bike trails)
Cost = $145 + tax
2012 Biking Day Passes
|Day Rates||Public||C.A.P. Guest||C.A.P. Passholder||Disc Golf Passholder||Tennis Passholder|
|Biking Trails Only||$10.00||$7.50||Free||Free||Free|
Chicopee’s bike trails truly round out the bike enthusiasts desires. Our single track trail network winds its way through our 165 acre property. With Chicopee’s geography, our trails provide riders with some outstanding climbs, descents, and technical challenges. Rentals are available for those who need a true trail bike; and a lesson may be just what you need to take your abilities to the next level. As in past years we ask that you visit Guest Services to support our trails by purchasing your trail pass; this allows us to continue enhancing our trail network!
2012 Private Lessons
|Private Lesson||Public||C.A.P. Guest||C.A.P. Passholder||Disc Golf Passholder||Tennis Passholder|
|Additional Person to Private||$20.00||N/A||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|